[eduerp-users] "Error, unable to make update" messagebox in the browser

Alan Barrett alanabarrett0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 18:37:34 UTC 2014

A recent upgraded version of JQuery in Drupal catches a syntax error
',editablefields-processed' in editablefields.js (i.e. the bad comma).
and generates "Uncaught Syntax error, unrecognized expression" (only seen
when debugging JavaScript)
which leads to "Error, unable to make update" messagebox in the browser
when entering student grades (Course Grades menu item).

There is a new version of editablefields available, but we use a customised
version.
I have ported our changes to a private copy of this new editablefields
module, but to my best knowledge, this has not been tested, so I do not
want to commit. I have therefore committed the following minimal fix to
editablefields...

https://github.com/eduerp/editablefields/commit/895e8913d2f15c30388d46cc59cc1576173aeae6

Anybody who wants to test our private new version of the editablefields
module, let me know.

This issue likely means that all recent installations of EduERP will not be
able to enter grades.

    Alan.